While using the air fryer for the first time, you get surrounded by many questions like Can you put frozen food in an air fryer? This question mainly bothers those who don’t have time to cook food and keep frozen food.
However, there’s nothing to worry about anymore as you can easily put frozen food in the air fryer and get crispy food without the need for deep frying.
Several items can be easily put and cooked in an air fryer. We’re mentioning the most common ones:
- French fries
- Pizza rolls
- Hot pockets
- Fish sticks
- Pizza bagels
- Potato skins
- Chicken wings
Cooking frozen foods in the air fryer is not a tough job.
- Take the frozen food packet, cut its packaging, and get rid of any extra crumbs.
- Now put the frozen food slowly into the air fryer. Don’t crowd the basket of the air fryer.
- Your air-fried food is ready now, and you can enjoy the meal.
You can cook various frozen foods in an air fryer, and the cooking time depends on the type of food you’re putting in the air fryer. So let’s take a look at the below-frozen foods and their cooking time.
- Chicken Boneless Wings: It will take 14 minutes if you set the temperature at 360° F.
- French Fries: It will take 15 minutes if you set the temperature at 370° F.
- Hot pockets: It will take 13 minutes if you set the temperature at 390° F.
- Egg rolls: It will take 12 minutes if you set the temperature at 390° F.
- Cauliflower: It will take 13 minutes if you set the temperature at 400° F.
- Chicken Nuggets: It will take 12 minutes if you set the temperature at 390° F.
- Chicken breasts: If you set the temperature at 350° F, it will take 25 minutes (for small) and 30 minutes (for big).
- Pizza: It will take around 10-15 minutes to set the temperature at 400° F.
However, most frozen foods get cooked between 7-30 minutes, but if you need to be sure, it is mentioned in the back of the frozen food packet. So you can check it there and set the temperature according to that.
Air fryers give you the same food but a healthier choice than the deep fryer. There’s less oil and more crispiness in air fryer-cooked food. In addition, cooking food in an air fryer is economical and less messy than cooking food on other kitchen appliances.
You don’t even have to defrost the frozen food, and it takes less time than an oven to cook the food. Air fryer uses hot air to cook food instead of fire, consuming less energy. You can easily cook frozen vegetables in an air fryer without extra oil or water.
Air fryers are very easy to use, just put the food in the air fryer basket, set the temperature, and you’re all set. You can enjoy tasty meals without any excess fat intake.
Yes, you can put frozen food in an air fryer. Cooking frozen foods in an air fryer gives you healthier, tastier, and crispier foods in no more than 30 minutes. So say goodbye to those deep-fried and unhealthy foods even if they’re tasty because you can get the same tasty foods without putting your health at risk when you cook frozen food in the air fryer.
If you keep the following tips in mind, then cooking frozen food in air fryer will be easy.
- The cooking time of frozen foods can differ according to the air fryer’s size. Small air fryers cook food much faster than large air fryers.
- Which frozen food brand you’ll buy will decide how much time it will take to cook in the air fryer. The cooking time can vary from one brand to another, so check it on the packet.
- If you have an oven-style air fryer, place the frozen food on the middle shelf so that the food gets cooked without getting burnt.
- Never crowd the air fryer basket as the food will not get cooked properly.
Air frying is a healthier choice when compared to deep frying foods. You don’t need to add any oil or water to cook the frozen foods as the air fryer uses hot air to cook the food. It can also help you lose weight as there are fewer calories in air-fried food. If you’re cooking smaller meals, an air fryer is the best option.